Christ Church prides itself on working with a variety of partners. This is a key part of its strategic outward facing vision to both share and learn by working with partners, in partnerships and in a Teaching School Alliance to both share and develop good practice within our school led system.
The school recognises that a key part of its journey towards outstanding status is to work with a variety of partners. Christ Church is part of a well established learning network with 4 other primary schools and we work on a variety of initiatives ranging from Mindfulness and coaching to sharing good practice including peer reviews.
On successfully achieving the Gold 'Investors in People (IIP)' award for the second time, we were put in touch with a primary special school (also in receipt of IIP Gold) based on our similar interests of working with other leaders in organisations. Although our schools are very different, both schools feel they will get a lot out of this partnership.
At Christ Church we are part of the Northern Alliance led by Blue Coat School in Oldham. Included in the Alliance are 15 partner schools including secondary, primary and special schools from 6 local authorities.
The Alliance of schools pools its skills to provide services to its members and the wider educational community in relation to:
- Initial Teacher Education via School Direct
- Continuing Professional Education
- Research and Development
- The designation of Specialist Leaders of Education to build capacity for school to school support
- An Alliance based system for leadership development
- An extension and enrichment programme for the most able post 16 pupils and their teachers
For further information on the Northern Alliance please click on the link below:
Being part of the Northern Alliance
- Lead primary school in the Alliance for School Direct
- responsibility for shortlisting and recruiting trainees
- provide support, coaching and mentoring
- deliver high quality training
Sharing good practice
- delivering middle leadership programmes with members of the Northern Alliance
- sharing good practice with a variety of personnel in schools, eg Teachers to Statisticians
- mentoring at all levels
- supporting or arranging coaching or training for staff in the supported schools
Our aim is to work in partnership with other schools to help raise standards for all our pupils and to become self improving and sustainable.